Wednesday 15 May 2013

Graduation Lookbook

I had my graduation recently (nope I'm not a fresh graduate anymore, I'm a mature student graduating with a MSc degree), since this is not the first time I've had a graduation I've become a little more experienced than previously on presenting myself nicely.  I thought I would share with you from head to toe how I went pretty myself up!

Graduation Makeup Platter

On Face (base):



  • Becca Resurfacing Primer
  • Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturiser with SPF 15 in shade Nude (I know you should avoid using SPF containing base when you are photographed.  However this tinted moisturiser gives my skin such a natural finish and it's so hydrating I ignored the rules and used it.) I will do a review on this soon - watch this space!
  • Bourjois Touche Healthy Mix brush concealer in shade Light (for under eyes), applied with Real Techniques base shadow brush
  • e.l.f. stick concealer in shade light

On eyes and brows


  • Tony Moly Intense Care Snail Eye Cream (to brighten and prep under eye areas, apply before primer)
  • Jill Stuart eyeshadow base (all over eyelids)
  • L'Oreal Infallible in 015 Flashback Silver (all over eyelids and bring it to the crease of the eyes)
  • Clinique eyes to go Colour Surge Eye Shadow palette, in 05 white shade of polar blue (stab some in the middle part of eyelids to make eye makeup 'pop')
  • Kiko Precision Eye Pencil in 301 Matita Occhi
  • Random Japanese brand eyelash curler
  • Mikatvonk (Korean brand) Collagen Mascara for lengthening 
  • Dolly Wink mascara for volumising 
  • Clinique's Bottom lash mascara
  • Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint & Precision Shaping Pencil
On Cheeks


  • Sleek 'Blush by 3' palette in Lace 367.  Used Guipure (Dupe for Nars' Orgasm) 
  • Blush applied by Real Techniques Stippling Brush
  • Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light, highlighter used 
  • Highlighter applied by Real Techniques Setting Brush
On Lips
  • Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Gloss as moisturising base
  • YSL Rouge Volupte Shine lipstick in Pink in Confidence
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in #12 Pink Afterglow
Voila - The Finish Look


I found that the details, such as nails and shoes are equally important; of course what you wear inside the graduation gown is also not to be overlooked.  Every details count.


On Nails


As I think I sort of was rocking the purple look so I thought I would go all the way to my nails, too.
  • Sinful Colors Professional in shade #954 Verbena 
  • YSL La Laque Couture Tie & Dye nail polish in #03 Hip Coat

For my hair I kept it very simple (almost untouched) as you can notice, as my most of the length of my hair has been chopped off.  Luckily it turned out ok when I wore the hat, I hope you'd agree with me on this!

For shoes, as I am definitely not an everyday heel wearer; for special occasions I would.  However as I expected I would be on my feet all days, I couldn't risk wearing something that would end up killing my feet 2 hours into the day.  I'm glad I bought this pair of heels (footglove) many years ago from M&S .  It looks classic, it's got the heels you need; at the same time it's the most comfortable pair of heels one can ever ask for.  It's not available in stores anymore but I would encourage you to keep an eye on the Footglove range as it often surprises me how stylish yet comfortable some of those shoes are.


For dress, I decided to wear something a little more formal but at the same time fun, classic and elegant.  I love this dress with the bold black stripe details round the arm and collar bone areas, and the lace details through out the whole dress.  The length is just above my knees which keeps things classy.  It also came in with a nice slim black belt with gold studds details to add an edge to this beautiful dress.  I picked this up from the winter sale in Zara few months ago.

The total look (excuse the bra straps on show)

Do you have any special occasions coming up?  Or are you graduating soon as well that you aren't sure yet what to wear?  Hopefully I have given you some beauty ideas/ inspirations for special occasions!

Looking proud by the Southbank
My baby dolls - Maybelline and Missy









No comments:

Post a Comment