Saturday 4 May 2013

A daytime smokey look

It's been a while since I did anything about makeup look, and I thought I would do one.  Reason being I am not an adventurous person at all when it comes to applying make up so I've been sticking with the same products repeatedly for quite a while.  Today I felt a little more adventurous than usual and updated a few items in my makeup platter to create this soft smokey eyes look suitable for day time.

I also thought I'm no expert in make up so do excuse the imperfection lurking on my face, but if I can do it I'm sure you can replicate this look, too!

Day time smokey look makeup platter
Voila!
Let's run through the products used in each section of my face


On Face

 
On Face:
  • Kiko Instant Perfection Smoothening & Destressing Fluid (as primer, apply with fingers)
  • Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in shade 010 (apply with fingers)
  • Bourjois Touche healthy mix brush concealer in shade light (apply with fingers around under eye areas)
  • e.l.f. stick concealer in beige (for covering blemishes, apply with fingers)
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder in shade 001 Transparent (apply with Real Techniques Buffing brush, only around cheeks and chin areas; avoid nose and forehead areas if you have dry skin like me)
On eyes

 On eyes

  • L'Oreal Infalliable 021 Sahara Treasure (apply with fingers, all over eyes and bring it to the crease of the eyes)
  • Clinques eyes to go palette, 05 White shade of Polar Blue (apply with fingers in the middle of eyelids to make it pop and inner corner of eyes)
  • Kiko Precision Eye Pencil 301 Matita Occhi
    Close up #1

On eyelashes
On (my painfully short) eyelashes:

  • Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless 001 Black (2 coats for lengthening)
  • Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Fatal Black (2 coats for volumising)
  • Curled my lashes with some random Japanese eyelash curler
On cheeks
On Cheeks
  • Sleek Blush Palette, Lace 367, used Chantilly (apply on higher and outer cheekbones area to accentuate feature, with Real Techniques Stippling Brush)
  • Sleek Face Contour Kit (Kit Modeleur Visage) in Light 884, only used highlighter to highlight higher cheekbone areas, bridge of nose and chin areas (apply with Real Techniques Setting Brush for precision)
Close up #2

Finally on lips:
On lips
  • Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream, Lip Protectant Gloss (as a lip moisturising base)
  • YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #8 Pink in Confidence 
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss #12 Pink Afterglow
Hope you like this look!  Do you use any of these products?  What looks are you rocking these days?



No comments:

Post a Comment