Saturday 5 October 2013

Wowed by Liz Earle's Hot Cloth Cleanser

Liz Earle shop on Guildford high street



I must be the last person on this planet to jump onto the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser bandwagon. I heard of the brand for such a long time and the rave that her products have received all these years.  I visited her shop/ beauty counter on numerous occasions but it wasn't until in the summer when I visited Guildford, I was pleasantly surprised to see a Liz Earle shop on the high street (it's rare you find a Liz Earle shop as you can only normally find its counter in either a bigger Boots or John Lewis) so I went in and see if the excitement would lead me into buying anything from there.

The answer is YES!


I didn't want to commit to a full size Hot Cloth Cleanser just yet, so this Essential Try-Me kit (£23) came in just perfectly for a Liz Earle newbie - me.

In this Try-Me kit you can find

  • a 30ml Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser,
  • a 15ml Skin Repair Moisturiser, 
  • 50ml Instant Boost Skin Tonic, 
  • a 50 ml Eye Bright Soothing Eye Lotion, 
  • a muslin cloth.  
What's more impressive is that normally with these try-me products, you get a 'suitable for all skin type' range but with Liz Earle, she thought carefully about the different skin types women have, hence she made this Try-Me kit available and suitable for 3 skin types: Dry/ Sensitive (which is what I picked up), Normal/Combination, Combination/Oily.

I brought this set with me when I was away in Prague for a 4 days and 3 nights trip, perfect to carry with me. I was immediately impressed by the results of all 5 products that they provided.

After removing my makeup in the evening, I pat dried my face first then squeeze a generous amount of the Hot Cloth Cleanser and worked it into my skin in circular motion, including my eyes and lashes.  The product is so gentle that it didn't irritate my sensitive eyes.  Then I dampened my muslin cloth under warm water, then gently removed the cleanser off from my face.  This process made sure that all of the remaining dirt (makeup and from exposing my skin to the outside world all day) was removed completely.  It was somewhat reassuring to see that the muslin cloth picked up so much dirt, yuck!  I could also see that my facial skin looked cleaner, clearer and brightened up!

Then I rinsed my face with cold water, pat dried then used a cotton pad to sweep some of the Instant Boost Skin Tonic all over my face.  With the Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion, I used this two ways as suggested.  I used it as an eye mask by pouring the lotion onto two cotton pads then leave it on my eye areas for about 5-10 mins, it is a very soothing process, plus the fact that this lotion is so gentle you can hardly feel that it's doing anything to the skin but when the 10 mins is up, you can see that your eye areas are instantly brightened and looking less tired.  I have also used this eye lotion in the morning just sweeping them across my eye areas to give my eyes a bit of a 'lift'.  Both methods prove effective.

I also really liked the skin repair moisturiser which I used morning and evening.  The texture is a light cream and absorbed so quickly that I felt my skin was instantly hydrated without feeling greasy.

After the first night of using these products, I was sold and wanted to invest in the full size version which I did and am enjoying using the full sized version for over a month now!

Liz Earle, thank you for inventing such wonderful range of products!

What do you think of these products?

P.S. If anyone knows where I can buy Liz Earle's products in Hong Kong, please let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment