Tuesday 7 May 2013

Drugstore Haul #1


I went into Boots last week to have a look at what's new and what takes my fancy as usual.  (No) Surprise, surprise, I left Boots with a few exciting bits I want to share with you!

I haven't tried all of them yet so will keep you guys updated, so here's just a quick look at what I bought.


For some reasons I have coloured mascara in my head for a few days now and decided to look for one.   Perhaps it's because of Chanel's release on coloured mascara a little while ago but it would set you back a whooping £24!  So I thought I would give it a go to find one in drugstores.  However it isn't as easy as I'd imagine to find one amongst the drugstore brands.  Luckily I found this one by Collection, Extreme Coloured Length Mascara in Blue.  I'm quite particular about the wand of mascara and this one looks like my cup of tea.  I'm really excited to try this on!


Next up are some products for the eyes.  I've fallen in love with L'Oreal's infalliable eyeshadows, I've used it in one of my makeup look which you can click here to have a look.  I decided to buy one more shades to add to my collection because they are so good - extremely easy and convenience to apply, no fussed about using a brush, just use your fingers.  Slap it all over your eyelids or over the crease of your eyes, then you are good to go.  The colour is lasting and pigmented too and very easy to blend, also it is buildable to make it look more dramatic.  The new colour I bought was in #15 Flashback Silver.  I was instantly attracted to the colour because of it's a silver based shadow with bluey-purple tone to it making  it very dimensional.

I also snapped up two No.7 Stay Perfect Amazing Eyes Pencils.  Feeling a bit adventurous after trying out brown eyeliner pencil; so I wanted to try other brands.  I picked up a dark brown one and a dark purple one.  Also picked up No. 7 Lash & Brow Gel Perfector, not quite sure why and if I would need it but I've never tried wearing a brow gel so I thought I would give it a go, since I have an unlimited supply of No.7 makeup and skincare vouchers!


Finally, I also bought two colours from Maybelline to add to my ever growing nail polish collection.  Buying nail polishes is one of the most guilt-free shopping exercise in my opinion!  Those of you who have been following my blog will know that I'm a big fan of Maybelline's Colour Show nail polish, if you didn't please feel free to read this.

One colour is from their limited edition as I also believe it is its latest release.  The two colours are 465 Brick Shimmer and 201 Speckled Pink (new release and limited edition).


Did you splurge out on any beauty products during the bank holiday weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment