Wednesday 1 May 2013

A review on my family of Bioderma products




From Left to Right
Hydrabio Mousse: £19.98 (Available on Amazon UK)
Sebium Gel Gommant Purifiant: £4.37 (Available on Amazon UK)
Hydrabio Serum - Moisturising Concentrate: £17.50 (Available on Escentual.com)
Bioderma Sensibio H20: £4.50 for 100ml (Available on Escentual.com)
Sensibio Eye Contour Gel: £14 (Available on Escentual.com)
All products are paraben free for those of you who are concerned


I first found out about products from Bioderma on various beauty channels on Youtube and the first product I was introduced and has also received a lot of hype about it is the Bioderma makeup remover solution.  I went ahead and bought 2 large bottles from Amazon UK last year.  I found it wasn't as amazing as others have said when I first used it, however after using a few more other makeup remover solution; I realised the magical power this clear water gives to removing make up.

I travelled to Hong Kong few months ago and shockingly to see Bioderma products available widely.  It has got its own independent shop, as well as individual counter in big department stores.  I grabbed the opportunity and bought all these products in the picture and have been using most of them since and it is still going strong.  Then I heard about Bioderma was coming to the UK and I have been seeing more of these French products on various places, especially in individual French pharmacies in London.  John Bell & Croydon Pharmacy on Wigmore street has a wide range of Bioderma products.

I have exceptionally dry skin so I went for products which are suitable for my dry/sensitive skin type.
These products have also formed part of my morning skincare routine.

Bioderma Hydrobio Mousse
I have enjoyed using this mousse to clean my face and I have been using a foam/ mousse for many years now.  It doesn't dry my skin out at all and like you would imagine with a mousse, it has a light texture and if it gets into the eyes, it doesn't cause any discomfort.  It leaves me skin feeling refreshed and hydrated.  One of the amazing thing is that once you pump the mousse out on the palm of your hands, the dispenser seems to have sucked any extra mousse back in the bottle so it doesn't leave your cap/ bottle messy, very impressive!

Sebium Gel Gommant Purifiant
Basically this product translates to an exfoliant.  It contains very tiny exfoliant as part of a gel and water-based texture cream.  I use this 1-2 times a week and do not find it irritate my skin.  It does the job well and leaves my skin feeling hydrated instead of dry.

Hydrabio serum moisturising concentrate
I started using this in the morning to moisturise my skin.  2-3 pumps are what I need to moisturise my whole face.  Again this product is a light, water-based serum which is not greasy and is absorbed by my skin very quickly.  

Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micelle Solution
I would lightly soak two pieces of cotton pads with this solution and cover my eyes for at least 30 seconds dependent how much make up I put on.  There is no rubbing of your eyes needed to remove makeup (eyes and all over face).  The solution is just like water but is able to remove make up.  I can see why top makeup artist like Lisa Eldridge has this in her personal and professional makeup kit for over 20 years.  If you are a Bioderma virgin, this product is definitely a MUST-TRY.

Sensibio Eye Contour Gel
I haven't started using this product yet so I'm afraid I cannot provide any review on this.  I shall keep you guys updated with how I get on with it when I come round to use this eye gel!

Have you tried any Bioderma products before?  Which one is your favourite?







2 comments:

  1. They stopped selling Bioderma at most places in HK suddenly... like Sasa. Apparently, they cannot stock from the overseas stockists but we don't know why. Turns out, it is really hard to get Bioderma in HK now :) My favourite is their make up remover. It would be better if it can work as an eye make up remover too which it claims it can, but I don't think it does the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a shame Bioderma is disappearing in HK - it is such a good brand. We wanted this brand to be widely available in London so much and it's finally arrived! I agree it's not as effective to remove eye makeup as I'd hoped. I'm going to publish something about makeup remover soon, so watch this space!

    ReplyDelete