Wednesday 10 April 2013

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses Review

When it comes to lip products, I tend to go for lipgloss rather than lipsticks.  I have very dry (cracked and chapped) lips all year round, especially during Winter times.  I am fairly picky with my lipgloss, it can't be sticky, it just CAN'T!

A couple of weeks ago, I went into Boots as you do, it was (still is) 3 for 2 offer across all makeup brands.  I found myself wandering in front of the Revlon counter.  I have never owned any lip products from Revlon before and I thought I'd give it a try.

I picked up the Revlon Super Lustrous lipgloss  , I picked up no.180 pink pop/ Rose radieux as it looks pink on the tube and I thought I wanted pink a try.  Also, the packaging reminds me of one of my Chanel lipgloss that I own (haven't even started using it yet!)
No. 180 Pink Pop/ Rose Radieux
My love relationship with this lipgloss then began - OMG, I love it so much.  I would just apply it before I go out, whilst I'm shopping, after I have eaten, or just apply it before I go to Zumba class.  It really has become one of my recent favourite lipgloss.  

There are a number of things which I am crazy about this lipgloss:
  • Moisturising texture, it doesn't dry my lips out by being sticky
  • The dover application makes it easy to apply on lips
  • Good intensity of colour - enough to be visible - subtle.
  • Packaging - Elegant and compact
  • Price

What I would say though is if you are looking for a strong powerful colour-stay lipgloss then this one isn't for you.  I would say this lipgloss is more for daywear rather than for an evening night wear.  My philosophy for lip products are that, they are for application rather than staying on the lips forever.  Personally I hate it when lip colour stains on my lips as it stops me from taking it out from my makeup bag and (show it off) apply them!  Weird I know but hey....

As my love for it is so strong, I decided to go back and buy a couple more.

Here's my collection so far:

Left: no 180 Pink Pop/ Rose Radieus
Middle: no. 04 Nude Lustre
Right: no. 12 Pink Afterglow


...... and here's how they look on my lips:
Top: no.180 Pink Pop/ Rose Radieux
Middle: no. 04 Nude Lustre
Bottom: no. 12 Pink Afterglow

As you can see, all colours look very natural on the lips.  I like the nude colour as it doesn't wash my natural lip colour away to make my face look too pale but 'nude' enough to be a 'nude' colour if you get what I meant!

It comes in 7 different colours and most of them are extremely easy to wear.  They are only £6.99!  I am looking forward to trying out more of Revlon lip products!



No comments:

Post a Comment