Monday 30 September 2013

A conditioner for the body?



Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser is available in Boots priced at £2.56.  A fairly new product in the body care section by Nivea.  It, to me is a new concept.  Inside this blue packaging is an in-shower body moisturiser.  How to use it?  You still need to use your normal shower product and rinse off, then apply this in-shower body moisturiser whilst you are still in the shower the rinse off again.  The end result is that you don't need to apply another layer of body cream because this in-shower body moisturiser is enough.


An extra step in the shower, is it worth it?

I'm not sure.  When it comes to body care I am probably the laziest girl - I don't use body scrub regularly at all, I only apply a body moisturiser when my skin is complaining which I probably should make a change!  Despite suffering from dry skin (all over my body and face), I often skip the step to moisturise.  After taking a shower, I just want to quickly dry and get dressed.

Therefore when I saw this in-shower moisturiser, I had hoped that it would make a real difference to my skin and the idea of not having to wait until my body to dry then slap on body cream sounds ideal.  I've used it religiously everyday until I finished the whole tube (250ml).  The body moisturiser is in a thick creamy texture so it felt very soothing on the body.  It is available in two 'flavour'/ 'ingredient' - Almond oil and Sea Minerals.  I chose Almond Oil in hoping that it would add extra hydration to my skin.  It didn't tighten my skin nor did it make my skin feeling dry after shower.  By the same token, it didn't make my skin feeling more moisturised, at times I still had to apply a body moisturiser.

All in all, I think it is an average product to my skin type.  Would I repurchase?  No I won't.

Have you tried this before? What's your secret to silky smooth skin?


No comments:

Post a Comment