Tuesday 3 September 2013

How to...... display your accessories?

Do you sometimes find trawling through your jewellery box picking out a necklace to go with your outfit a messy act?  Especially when you are in a hurry, you've got your makeup on, you've thrown something on your body but there's just something missing!  

Here's a couple of ideas of how I display my accessories to save times on picking accessories to go with your outfits at record time!

#1 idea - A mug stand......

Displaying necklaces on a mug stand
I used to use this to stack up all my mugs in the kitchen but since moving house a few times, gradually this has become an extra piece of unwanted equipment.  Instead of leaving it covered with dust, I have been using this to hang up some of my statement necklaces which I reach to them regularly.  You can get this mug stand very easily in kitchenware shops.


 #2 Idea - Hanging Basket Jewellery Holder


I bought this Hanging Basket Jewellery Holder priced at £12 from Claire's Accessories.  They come in more than 5 different colours and styles.  I have been using this for the past 6 months or so and have really enjoyed both the design and the function it offers.  I also think that this is a great idea for displaying your accessories in style and it makes me a very happy person.  I hang it by the entrance to my bedroom door so every time before I head out, I can perfect my outfit by choosing the most suitable pair of earrings or necklace.  I also think it is a great piece of storage if you don't have a lot of 'surface space'.  Hanging something up makes things easier, saves a lot of space and it looks pretty, too!

 I managed to hang up 21 pairs of earrings which is pretty amazing.  This hanging basket holder also allows me to choose my favourite, go-to pieces on display, too.  In between the top and bottom half, there is like an open drawer/ plate type of thing (excuse my description!), which is fantastic because I can just throw any loose pieces (as you can see I put them inside these little velvet bag as there are precious earrings inside) there.


 The second half of the holder has many hooks to it and I picked out my favourite statement necklaces and bracelets and hang them there.  As you can see I can hang over 10 pieces there, and a cute little pink knitted dress which owned by my little cuddly toy, so she gets to use it, too!

This hanging holder comes with two black ribbons already tied up, when I first bought it I wasn't sure about the strength of the ribbons.  However, I have since added one piece after another piece of accessories on it and so far it's been holding well.  If anything (hopefully it won't), I could just replace the ribbons with other stronger materials.

Do you display your favourite pieces of accessories?  Do share your ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment