- You only have 5 mins to do your make up, or
- It's a saturday/ sunday afternoon you just want to pop out for a walk or go to the shop, or
- You simply feel lazy but still want to look 'awake'......
The bottom line is, you still want to look good but you don't want to spend a ton of times to get ready, here's an idea on how to create this natural make up look. (I tried and I think it worked fairly well on me, but feel free to disagree!)
Here's what you need (not everything as I'm showing a few alternative products). It is only a suggestion of the minimal makeup essentials:
I found, if I am only allowed to have less than 10 makeup products to create the most basic look, these are what I will need to make my features stand out
- a good base
- a bright looking pair of eyes
- some colours on the cheeks and lips
*products used to create this look
A good base
- *Kiko Instant Perfection Smoothening & Destressing Fluid
- A primer to prepare your skin
- To even out skin tone
- To brighten up perhaps a dull looking complexion
- This one is economical enough to use daily or as a SOS product
- *Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation
- A light foundation which provides SPF is essential for a natural look
- You only need a tiniest amount, remember, a little goes a long long way; less is more
- *Bourjois Healthy Mix Touche Brush Concealer
- To cover up any imperfection - under eye areas or blemishes.
- You don't need a huge amount, just stab on a little bit is cool
Add some warmth to you cheeks
You don't need to apply both blushes but choose a blusher which gives a warm and subtle finish is more than enough to create a natural healthy look.
- *Bourjois Cream Blush #2 Healthy Glow
- A coral shade is bang on trend
- This cream blush is so subtle and creamy in texture. You can lightly dab it on the apple of your cheeks or build it up to intensify the colour
- It gives a dewy, glowing finish
- Bourjois Je T'Aime #34 Golden Rose
- A powder blush that is so light
- It's got a subtle hint of golden shimmer which gives a satin finish
The Awakening Eyes step 1
- Eyelash curler - Shu Uemura x Karl Lagerfield Eyelash Curler/ *Random Japanese brand eyelash curler
- A little clip and a gentle squeeze of your lashes instantly opens up those tired eyes
- A trick especially useful for girls with short eyelashes (like me!)
The Awakening Eyes Step 2
- Rimmel Accelerator Endless Lash Mascara
- A lengthening mascara for those who needs a bit of length to their lashes
- This is a great one by Rimmel
- Physicians' Formula Organic Wear Mascara
- A great brand from USA
- It volumises your lashes without adding harmful ingredients to your lashes
- *Max Factor Clump Defy Water Resistant Mascara
- My first time using this
- A real effective mascara to add volume
- It's the equivalent of the brand Cover Girl
Possible the most sought-after makeup product in any women's makeup/ hand-bag. A moisturising and natural colour lipstick can brighten your whole face up so effectively. I chose this Chanel Rouge Coco Shine number in #46 Liberte, a coral shade which matches with my cream blusher to harmonise the total look.
I do love this look - it's natural but at the same time it gives me the glow that I need. What I also realise is that my skin condition has to be better than average in order to rock this look. Makeup is only a helping tool, a good skincare routine is far more important.
Remember, sometimes Less is More, little definitely goes a long long way.
Hope you've enjoyed this!