Wednesday 1 October 2014

BOSCIA MAKEUP BREAKUP COOL CLEANSING OIL REVIEW






I'm constantly on the hunt for the most effective way to remove those lovely makeup that I wear almost on a daily basis.  My favourite and can't live without makeup products include: eyeliners (black or dark brown), mascara, a light smokey eye shadows combo.  So, a good makeup remover is absolutely my thing to remove them completely - I don't enjoy seeing pimples and spots creeping up as a result of dirt remained on my face!

Boscia Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil (£17/ USD$28) is the latest makeup remover I tried.  Although not readily available in shops in the UK, it can still be purchased easily from across the pond on the Sephora website.   Anyway, back to business...... As you can see I'm almost finishing the last bit of this cleansing oil, so what I thought about it?

I liked it and found it effective but it didn't blow me away completely.  For me, apart from my eye makeup, I almost always wear a foundation or bb cream, blusher, bronzer, fill in my brows, lip products; so a full face of makeup.  I needed a good 6 pumps of oil to remove my makeup to the fullest.  All you do is to dispense enough amount of oil (in my case at least 6 pumps) then massage it directly onto a dry face with circular motion.  I tend to spend more time on massaging my eyes, forehead, round my nose areas and chin.  After a face full of oil mixed with makeup melting away, just rinse face with warm tap water, continue massaging with circular motion to further breakdown any impurities and makeup.  The cleansing oil doesn't remove all the makeup completely.  I don't find it particularly strong at removing waterproof eyeliners and mascara like what I would expect.  However, even though this is a cleansing oil, I only found it hydrating but not greasy on my skin at all.  But a double-cleanse procedure is vital.  I always follow up using a cleansing balm for a deeper facial cleansing and usually that completes the whole cleansing procedure.

Would I repurchase again?  I don't think I would, purely based on the price, I have tried better products out there, such as Clarins Instant Eye Makeup Remover or Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover which have both worked amazingly well in removing makeup without much effort needed.  Cheaper alternatives which I have tried and loved is The Body Shop Camomile Eye & Lip Makeup Remover, you can read a more in depth review here; or Bioderma Sensibio H20 which is loved by almost all makeup artists and bloggers but not necessary my cup of tea!

Is this something you have tried before?  What's your favourite makeup remover at all times?

No comments:

Post a Comment