Tuesday 17 December 2013

Shopping in Lane Crawford, Hong Kong


Selfridges is my favourite department store in the whole wide world.  I miss shopping in Selfridges the most since departing London.  I desperately needed an alternative/ dupe now that I live in Hong Kong.  Of course I wouldn't be disappointed, Hong Kong has Lane Crawford in their LaLa land.

Unlike Selfridges which only has 3 stores in the whole of the UK, Lane Crawford has 4 stores in Hong Kong, its territory also crosses the border and has another 2 stores in Beijing and one in Shanghai.  In Lane Crawford, its beauty hall is called Joyce Beauty where you can find most international brands, from Dior, Chanel, to Tom Ford and Chantecaille, also Jo Malone and By Terry, etc.  It's a bit like if Selfridges and Space NK has a beauty princess daughter, Joyce Beauty would be her!



Recently, my childhood best friend, Miss V and I had another shopping trip down in Lane Crawford, I told her I wanted to get a Joyce Beauty card.  She was stunned but the beauty blogger inside me has to have one of these to confirm her identity in this vibrant city.

I went to the fresh counter, as it was pretty difficult to hunt down back in London.  Whereas in Hong Kong, fresh counter is relatively readily available in many department stores.  fresh SUGAR Rose tinted balm is one of their most popular products but the slightly high price tag scared me a way a few times.  So, when I found out from my sister forksandbrushes a holiday gift set which has the three star products - Sugar Lip Polish, Sugar Rose and Sugar Shine Lip Treatment; I was all itchy to get my hands on it.  All these wonderful products cost only HK$275 or UK£21.  Pretty good value, eh?


Although they don't come in the full size, they are good enough for me to sample three fresh products at once and to get my lips sorted out, as they are getting a little dry and flaky you know?!

Just as when I was getting all excited about this gift set, the lovely fresh lady  told me I was eligible to receive a welcome gift as becoming a Joyce Beauty member.  Wow there I was thinking, 'hooray a free gift, whatever that would be I would be happy!'

When I was handed over the gift..... scroll down please.........





It's a SK-II gift set which contains 2 sachets of serum and a little pot (rather generous) stem power cream, I believe it's used as a nuit cream.  I was and still am a very happy bunny!

I feel like a more complete beauty junkie in Hong Kong now that I have claimed a bit of an identity in Lane Crawford - I know it sounds a little crazy but it's true!

Are you as obsessed as me putting your feet in the beauty department in major department stores in your own home cities? What gifts have you received from your department stores in the past?

No comments:

Post a Comment