Saturday 20 July 2013

The story of eyelashes #1: Bottom Lash Mascara


I think I own just the right amount of mascaras in my collection - I have a handful of it!



Mascara is one of the most important makeup products to me.  I have painfully short eyelashes, even after clipping them I still need the magic injected by an effective mascara.  

I always use two types of mascara in any eyemake look - volumising and lengthening to ensure my eyelashes are at least visible.

Recently I turned my attention to my bottom lashes, too.  People say it is unnecessary but for me, I need them although I don't wear it everyday.  They do make those eyelashes pop during special occasions.

So,  let's get down, I mean get to the 'bottom lash mascara' by Clinique.




This is easily the smallest mascara available.  It has been around for ages but it is also a controversial product.  Clinique's Bottom Lash mascara is definitely every 'short eyelashes girls' dream'.  This tiny tube only measures for a short 8.5cm.  Look at the wand, it is only 1cm short.

Size matters when it comes to filling in those bottom lashes.  The length is perfect to brush through those lashes.  The wand is effective in combing through the lashes, defining them and elongating them. It can also be used to brush through those lashes near the inner corner of your eyes if you find a normal size mascara a little too fiddly to handle.  They don't smudge or clump up your lashes at all either.  They are very user-friendly and it would surely amaze you if you use it for the first time.

I don't see any other brands doing the same product so my guess is that Clinique has this product patented?  Anyone knows?  I'd say well done Clinique, you've done a grand job!




Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara comes in two colours: black and brown, priced at £11.
Available in most department stores, Selfridges, Boots and Superdrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment