Wednesday 11 June 2014

OMOROVICZA THERMAL CLEANSING BALM


Possibly one of the most expensive facial cleansing balm known to mankind  -Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm (£46).  A brand and a product which I have been intrigued for a long time but wouldn't take the plunge to make a purchase purely because of its killer price.  Until I saw the Omorovicza Essential Pack available from Space NK online - it's not cheap as it would set you back at £75 but you get to sample 5 of the brand's most famous products, a once in a life time opportunity I wouldn't pass up.


So far, I have only managed to try out the Thermal Cleansing Balm so I would like to share with you what I thought of it.

Its black/ clay looking balm makes you think that this would heat up when it's put on the face but the truth is that it didn't for me, strangely.  I'm not sure if it's the balm supposed to warm up though.  It's got a thin but creamy texture, it has some fine sandy bits running in between; they are so fine that it's not enough to 'exfoliate' your skin.

It feels slightly 'greasy' to touch and it remains so when massage onto the face.  You don't need that much, for me a 10p size of the balm is all I needed for my whole face (note I have a large pizza face).  It's great for removing makeup as a second step to an evening skincare routine, at least that's how I've been using this balm for.  It does feel like a 'moist' film over the face once the balm gets in contact to my skin.  


I especially liked the flannel that comes with it.  I experimented it with a muslin cloth when wiping off the balm but I think that a flannel works so much better.  It feels much cleaner and fresher if a flannel is used.  I made sure that warm (steaming hot) water soaked up the flannel, so when it wiped off the balm from my face, it feels like a true spa-like experiment.  It's simply a great pampering at home that you can do it yourself.

I have to say though it does feel a little bit 'greasy' after wiping off all the products albeit my face felt very cleansed afterwards.  However I didn't mind that as I have dry skin and it's not broken me out so it worked for me.

Would I purchase the full size?  I would if I had more spare money.  I would recommend it if you are dry skin like myself, and that whilst stocks last for the Essential pack on Space NK online - it's well worth trying!

Have you tried Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm before?  Or other of its products?

No comments:

Post a Comment