Friday, 4 July 2014

Popup #NARSssist Event and the #exciting bits




#NARSissist x SpaceNK x ViviannaDoesMakeup x Lily Pebbles all happened in one night!  Sounds like a dream that will never come true but it did, on me and my sister (@forksandbrushes) this week!


We were lucky enough to be chosen to attend the Popup Nars event at Space NK in Broadwick Street, hosted by Vivianna and Lily, for the launch of the new Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow by Nars.

I was excited to see what new shadows Nars has got in store for us for a preview, but was also excited to meet Vivianna and Lily at the same time!

Of course, I tried the shadows, and I picked Subra, a coppery red colour which seems to be my new favourite eye colour these days.
The lovely makeup artist also mixed Subra, with Cassiopeia (a pearly white) with Subra, then Dione (a champaney bronze) round the inner corner of my eyes.


First a layer of Subra, he wet the new Nars brush first then applied the eyeshadow wet.  It came out as a really intense dark coppery red shade.



Once Subra met Cassiopeia, magical things happen, Subra turned purple!


Although it's quite a dark purple, it looked really natural on me I think!  Absolutely loved it and didn't quite expect the result to be like this!


We then got completely distracted by having a little chat with Vivianna and Lily.  I met Lily once in Selfridges last year but have never met Vivianna before, nor have I met the two of them together!


They were so nice and down to earth, and we chatted for a quite a bit!  Vivianna and I also took a #selfie together.  She held my phone, she said she's got quite a long arm (!), well,  which came in very handy this day and age!


Before we left, I bought Subra and Cassiopeia.

They are really nice colours of shadow, especially Subra, a shade which looks very different and with lots of dimensions to it from different angles and under different lights.


With every 2 shadows bought, a complimentary gift is given out and I had another eyeshadow Lulu, and blush colour in Deep Throat.  I love deep throat and this cute mini will come in very handy for travelling.  I've never owned a Nars eyeshadow so this would be perfect to start my Nars eyeshadows collection going!


Oooooo, are you tempted to get your hands on one of these new shadows?  What other Nars products have you used, and that you would recommend me to?

You can now pick up Nars Dual Intensity Eyeshadow (£21 each) which are now exclusively available at Space NK.

No comments:

Post a Comment